Saturday, August 20, 2005

Yazan Malakha Proudly Presents: Great Moments in IRC History

Remember the days when IRC was the thing? I was looking through my files and found an old chat log, thought I'd share

<Cute_Girl> Let me get this straight, yer 22 years old and you read spiderman comics in the bathtub? <Yazan> What??? no WAY!! Hahah are you crazy? <Cute_Girl> Ok phew, You had me scared there. <Yazan> Ha ha ha no doubt huh? I would NEVER read any of my comics in the bathtub. You would totally ruin the pages. Only an idiot would do something as stupid as that. *** Cute_Girl Quits (You sir, are a freak)

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

FREAK!!!!

PALFORCE said...

Ehem, ehem

FREAK0 was my nick on IRC, becareful how you use that term around. LOL

Kidding, I did alot of IRC, Efnet, then migrated to dalnet.

Linda said...

you save your chats? FREAK! ;)

Jad said...

FREAK!! Indeed

Roba said...

Looooool!! Ye, shu zaman 3an IRC... I guess everyone went through that phase huh?

Linda, IRC autologs chats.

Yazan Malakha said...

I was hooked on IRC back in late 1996, when mirc was probably a version 2 or 3, and Khalid Madram-Bey's photo was still in grayscale.

I recall a time when chat.go.com.jo would have no more than 10 chatters at a time.. time went by, and as the rooms started filling up with kids who wanted to prove coolness by either flooding, or nuking one another; chatters moved to ICQ, then msn, eventually chat.go.com.jo was shutdown by global one. Gone are the people of #cluboldchatters and the unnamed-inventors of the 3a, 7a..oh and HE3!

The last time I had an IRC session was about 2 and a half years ago, I was filling up for a friend (who is still hooked on IRC) on a tech support room on Dalnet.

Roba said...

Yikes, memories... Mardam in gray.. I used to use IRC sometimes to download music, but now with LimeWire, there's no need for that.
It's so funny how in the mid 90's chatting saw a scary boost...

Yazan Malakha said...

Limewire, tsu tsu tsu! Warez & music still surface on IRC way before they do on Gnutella, BitTorrent and the likes.