Saturday, February 26, 2005

Gates of New York

So pretty much everyone has heard my exuberant ranting and raving about "The Gates" since I first learned of it a couple of months ago. Although I didn't get the chance to see it up close and personal, I can only imagine how much of a breathtaking experience it has been seeing the thousands of orange curtains flowing in my favorite place in the preeminent metropolis (and my favorite city). You can tell how much of a profound effect it had on people by simply looking up "The Gates" on Flickr Today we'll finally witness the plug being pulled off the project, I thought I'd commemorate the magnificent work of art by posting a picture. I look forward to seeing Christo's and Jean-Claude's next project "The Arkansas River Project", perhaps personally this time.

No comments: